Thursday, May 28, 2009

Progress on Supreme Court Case

Progress on Supreme Court Case
As of now, I still have the majority of research and work to do on my Supreme Court case project. I have begun my research on my selected case, Miranda vs. Arizona, and completed the first of seven sections of the brief. I’ve only done some online research, so during the next week I’m going to be looking to find more sources on the case. In doing my research on this case in particular, I’ve noticed that I had to go to many different websites to get different pieces of information about the case, which is something I don’t usually have to do when researching other things…I usually find relatively the same information on all the websites that I look at. At first, I chose my case just to get a topic that no one else had, and not really knowing what to expect when I researched it. All I knew was that it had something to do with the Miranda Rights. In doing my research, I’ve learned that the case I chose was pretty interesting because people can say some dumb things when they get arrested, not knowing that they could incriminate themselves even if they didn’t do that certain crime, so it’s important to inform them that they have the right to not speak until they have a lawyer around. In this upcoming week, I plan on looking at more sources to get even more information about my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment